Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Pinterest Worthy Apartment

We made it! It didn't seem like it was gonna happen there for a minute (driving through Kansas puts you in a weird wheat/flat land induced haze), not to mention driving 10 hours a day for four days straight kinda makes you want to voluntarily commit yourself to the loony bin. But, in reality, we had a great experience with no weather issues, no car accidents, and no trailer damage, so we really can't complain and should probably still be doing a happy dance. Most exciting of all, we are now surrounded by mountains and such a diverse population it makes me drool a little (out of excitement not rabies). Our first order of business was to find a rockin' apartment after being a little deprived in China this past year. After much searching and stressing we found our little gem. Allow me to take you on a picture tour of my love child. 


Bedroom


More bedroom with awesome nightstands


Bathroom (one of my favorite rooms)


Dining area


Entryway with nifty arrow coat hangers


Office


Living room


Other side of living room

Now, I got my Pinterest account while we were in China which has given me a year to obsess over what projects I wanted to try first when we got back to a country that has craft stores! So these are some of my first success stories. 

Scratching pad! For the overly energetic kitty in our family, Avocado. Made from our moving boxes and some scrapbook paper. He loves it and our brand new carpet is grateful. 

Wall of Fame! All the frames have pictures of Josh and I in all the countries and famous cities we've been to together. 

Picture garlands. I had a disgusting amount of pictures I wanted to display and this was a super easy, cute, and cheap way to do it.


Cheesy chicken! Pinterest has definitely broadened our eating horizons. Much to Josh's delight :)


 And I made Nutella cheesecake for dessert. I'm the next Rachel Ray I swear lol. 


Refinished patio table! I modge podged the heck outta that sucker and I'm pretty excited about how cute it turned out. 

I've made quite a few other tasty meals and cute DIY things but all the projects above are my favorites thus far. So, all this to say; we love our new home, we are going to have to name our firstborn child after the landlord to afford rent, and Pinterest has had way too much of an influence in my life lately!!





No comments:

Post a Comment