Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A New Begining

Blogging..... one of the many things I could almost guarantee I would never ever do. I thought that should I attempt something so daring it would inevitably turn out just like one of my MANY failed childhood diary adventures. However, despite the odds, I've decided to take the leap into the wide wide world of blogging. Currently, my husband Josh and I are in our 15th month of marriage and our 7th month of  living in China. Since we are at the beginning of such a new and exciting part of our lives I thought that documenting some of the unforgettable and hilarious memories would be a good way to keep a fresh perspective on life and update everyone at home on the goings on without having to write a billion emails. 
So much has happened in the last year, getting married, living completely on our own, graduating college (on the same day no less), and moving across the world, that I don't even know exactly what to begin with. I guess I should start with the bare bones of the matter first, just to get the boring stuff out of the way. 
We live in a "small" town of 776,000 people about two hours south of Shanghai called Shangyu. We both teach English at a language school conveniently located inside the public library. We are desk buddies and IM each other constantly on QQ (Chinese MSN) even though we are right beside each other. We rent an apartment in the middle of down town. It's a one bedroom without all the western amenities with a lovely view of the popular KTV (karaoke) joint BOSS, yes that is the name of said KTV joint. We use the local mode of transportation to get around...electric bikes or more fondly know as ebikes. Please understand that it is only because I have no patience for slowness (such as walking) that I allow that deathtrap vehicular device near me and my loved ones. We eat a whole lotta noodles (especially these incredibly tasty potato topped ones), jiaozi (real deal dumplings), and the occasional McFlurry. Can't escape those unhealthy golden arches no matter how far you go. I think that sums up our daily life quite nicely. Stay tuned for the next post, which hopefully won't take more than a week to appear...... note the word hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment