Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sorry I'm late

So, it could be worse, it could have been three weeks since my last post but thankfully it's only two and some change. I'm quite pleased actually.I'm just gonna jump in like all of you and I go way back, because to much intorductory talk is just boring right?
There are some awesome things about China and, of course, some not so awesome things. It's one of those glass half full or half empty situations. However, there is one thing I can say with absolute certainty is a fantastic thing and that is Taobao. You don't know Taobao? Well, neither did we for our first 6 months here, and for that I feel completely robbed.  Taobao is basicly crack  China's  ebay, but sooooooo much better. Thankfully the good people of our current school have introduced us to the glorious life of a Taobao account holder this week. Close your eyes. Now imagine your dream house, closet and beauty salon all rolled into one....sigh ...happiness. Ok now open your eyes, turn on your computer, go to Taobao.com (only if you are in China...sorry guys) and you are in the shopping/ luxury heaven you were imagining a few seconds ago.  Needless to say I have spent a healthy sum of my salary for the month in the last week. SO worth it. I think my favorite buy so far is a $5 large tot bag that looks like this



I'm in love. The best thing about Taobao is how utterly cheap almost everything is. If you have the equivalent of $20 you can have an enormous dose of retail therapy from the comfort of your own home. One other nifty tidbit is that the site has it's own version of MSN so you can talk to the sellers of  the products you want and ask questions prior to buying instead of buying something and finding out on delivery that it wasn't what you had thought. Genius! It's a beautiful thing to discover the joys of internet shopping for the first time in China!!

No comments:

Post a Comment