Saturday, December 31, 2011

From December And Beyond

I think it's time for a little update on all the random stuff that's been going on since the holidays started. 

1. Thanksgiving!
Though the majority of the day was spent at work, we made time to be thankful and make the day a bit above the ordinary. Thanks to our awesome friend Kerry, who sent us an unbelievable care package, we were able to decorate our table with leaf confetti and acorn place mats. Then, thanks to Taobao we had Kraft mac and cheese and KFC chicken and mashed potatoes for our big dinner. It was pretty darn tasty!


2. I've added 2 more tattoos to my collection.







Love me some tattoos!


3. We took a mini vacation to Hangzhou. It was easily the most beautiful city we have seen since we've been in China. Everything looked like it should be on a postcard and the food was awesome. 
 Cute old man outside our hostel.






 There were a whole field of trees donated from all over the world in this amazing park.
 Hindu Temple


 Super creepy statue at aforementioned Hindu Temple 
Best dried coconut ever!


4. Visa trip to Hong Kong ...again
Once again I found myself wandering into Hong Kong to fix my visa. Thankfully Tasha and Joe went with me and we actually had a pretty good time despite the sketchy hostel we stayed in. We took ferry rides, ate Indian food, and went SHOPPING! Nothing like a fake Jimmy Choo handbag to make you feel good!

I think that catches you up on the goings on of Shangyu the last couple months. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment