Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Love My Life

     I've been seeing all these really nifty posts about all the cool stuff that people have been doing this year and I think I'm gonna be a copy cat and do one of my own. I'm gonna mix it up a little though and do the last year and a half , because I'm crazy like that and I've had a lot of awesome things happen in a short amount of time. So we are going all the way back to..

May 2010



I got married to the best man in the world! 

June/July 2010




We went on an amazing 2 month trip to Europe. We spent the first 2 weeks backpacking through Hungary, Romania, Greece, and Italy. Then we spent 6 weeks studying German in Austria. We did take some weekend trips to Poland, Czech Republic, and Germany. It was an incredible experience and the best honeymoon ever!

August  2010





We moved into our first apartment! We loved this place so much.

We started our last semester of college.  

September 2010





We adopted our two sleek black and gray babies, Basarab the hamster and Avocado the cat. 

October 2010 


We looked hot at our first Halloween party together with our best friends Anna and Stephen!

November/December 2010

We spent the best Thanksgiving we've ever had at my parents house with the above mentioned Anna and Stephen  piggin out on awesome food. 


We both graduated from college on the same day!! Joshua graduated in 4.5 years with a degree in International Business with a minor in German. I graduated in 2.5 years with a degree in Global Studies with a minor in Social Work and a 3.9 GPA. It was a happy happy day!








Our first Christmas was pretty amazing! 

We hosted our first ever New Year's Eve party 

2010 was pretty great over all and our first 6 months of marriage were amazing! Bring on 2011!

January 2011

We quit our jobs at Publix in anticipation of our impending move to China.

I had my 19th  birthday!!

February 2011


We spent Chinese New Year in Beijing seeing all the sites. It was so gorgeous with all the decorations up and the perfect way to start our journey.


Then we moved to Xi'an and got adjusted to life in China.


March/April 2011







We started working at Kid Castle and moved into our apartment. Teaching was a big learning curve and there were some major rough patches with the school, but we really loved living and eating in China. 

May 2011




We celebrated our 1 year anniversary in Xi'an's city center. Josh planned an amazing day of eating, site seeing and topped it off by buying me a necklace! My first year with him was the best year I can remember!

June 2011


We decided we wanted to try our hand in a different school and a different part of China. So, we moved to Shangyu and started working for Rainbow Language School. 

July 2011


My parents came to visit us in Beijing. It was so awesome to see them. It helped the homesickness a lot. 

August/September 2011




 We were busy teaching these guys how to speak English.

October 2011


We had an exhausting albeit hilarious Halloween dressed up as who knows what. 

November 2011

We had a nice quiet month. And as delicious of a Thanksgiving as was possible. I must say we have a lot to be thankful for. 

December 2011



We had a great Christmas with lots of kids, presents, and a nice little bonus to top it off!




And we rang in the New Year with all of our friends!!!

It's been a great year and a half folks. I wouldn't change a thing. Wish us luck as we embark on this crazy new journey in the U.S. in less than a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment