Friday, January 6, 2012

My Favorites

    I have really been hating the idea of leaving China the last few days. We have literally blinked our eyes and a year has passed. So, I think it's only right to have a post dedicated to all my favorite things about China.


- Culture! I love living in a country that is so rich in traditions. Anywhere you go you can see glimpses of the past intermixed with skyscrapers and McDonalds. There is so much to learn and so many concepts I have yet to grasp. 
-Chinese! I love listening to people speak Chinese. 
- Food! I can't get enough of it. The amount of incredible things that accompany rice in this country would blow your mind. Northern China, I must say, has the best food. They have the traditional Chinese dishes that you eat in Chinese restaurants back home, but 100% better. Although I gotta give the south some props, they have a lot of good seafood and the outdoor BBQ is to die for.  Food is definitely on the top of the going to be missed list. 
- Children! I am more rooted than ever in my opinion that Chinese kids are the cutest kids in the world. I love walking down the street and oohhing and awwing over every kid I see, because they are just so darn adorable. I'm so sad that won't be a part of my daily routine anymore. 
-Shop Owners! I have never met sweeter people than the ones that own our favorite food and drink stops. They are so curious and helpful, and I've never seen any of them without a smile. I love the loyalty and familiarity that's possible here.
-Bubble Tea! I know food was already at the top of my list, but bubble tea deserves its own category. There's just nothing like a cup of bubble tea to make you feel happy on the inside. And if I get tired of the original flavor I have so many other awesome flavors to choose from like strawberry or taro. How am I going to live without my daily dose?
-Taobao! I don't think I even realize how much I'm going to miss buying shirts for $3 or scarves for $1.50 all the time. China has really been this shoppers paradise. 


This list is definitely not all inclusive. I'm going to miss a bagillion more things, but for your reading sanity I won't keep blabbing on and on. Oh China, you've been good to me....and you're my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment